- Purify raw source water to your desired quality for your entire can manufacturing process with RoKon Reverse Osmosis
- Deionized (DI), purified source water for final DI rinsing on even the most demanding specifications with ReKon Ion Exchange
- Guarantee discharge compliance from Kontek wastewater treatment systems with the toughest discharge criteria
- Remove heavy metals, oils & grease, and organic compounds from your process water
- Eliminate expensive disposal costs for concentrated spent cleaning & process solutions
- Ensure that can rinsing stages are free of floating oils & greases
- Minimize water treatment costs with fully integrated systems and Kontek’s SmartLogic automated controls
REMOVAL PROCESS OPTIONS
Whereas mechanical oils will eventually float in water, emulsified oils never settle. Depending on the oil's chemical composition, Kontek applies the most suitable removal process.
Dissolved Air Floatation (DAF)
DAF is an appropriate process when the oil or grease in less dense than water or has neutral buoyancy. Millions of micro-scale bubbles, referred to as "whitewater" float upwards from the bottom of the tank. Little clumps of the oil or grease, commonly called flocks, are pushed to the surface as the micro bubbles rise. The floating contaminants are mechanically skimmed away, leaving oil-free water at the bottom.
Emulsified oils remain suspended in water because they have a filmy barrier that lowers the particles' surface tension. Lowering the solution pH by adding acid breaks the oil's emulsion, allowing unwanted oil and grease particles to float to the surface.
De-emulsified oils are removed mechanically on oleophilic plates that permit flotation separation
BEVERAGE CANNINGKontek is your complete partner for all process water management and chemical delivery systems required for today's canning facilities
Lower water treatment costs and meet the strictest compliance regulations with cradle to grave water technology and systems fitted to your facility’s requirements from Kontek.
Our technologies have been specifically designed to remove heavy metals, oils & grease, and organic compounds from wastewater for reuse in can manufacturing processes or safely released to the environment.
CANNING INDUSTRY APPLICATIONS
Kontek's water purification technologies will produce the water quality desired for the entire can manufacturing process.
- Purify some of the hardest waters with RoKon reverse osmosis systems, process water for rinsing o Chemical solution make-up
- De-ionize with ReKon Ion Exchange to meet the most demanding DI specs
- Fully integrated with other Kontek equipment and your internal networks with SmartLogic automated controls
Guarantee water discharge, meets and exceeds even the toughest criteria with Kontek's canning industry experience and 35 plus years of process water management.
• Reuse treated & recovered wastewater in your processes or safely discharge it to the environment
• Technologies specifically designed to remove heavy metals, oils & grease, and organic compounds
• Fully integrated with other Kontek equipment and your internal networks with SmartLogic automated controls
• Conserves consumables with SmartLogic intuitive chemical dosing features
Improve chemical productivity with Kontek's controlled process chemistry delivery & replenishment, and SmartLogic automated controls.
• Fully integrated instrumentation, controls, and chemical delivery holding & delivery
• Cost effective chemical monitoring, delivery and replenishment
• Variable chemistry control parameters: pH, temp, or new chemical bath make up
• Achieve total chemical control for wet processes, raw water, and wastewater
• Interact with in house networking and/or DCS communication systems
Kontek's ClayTek powder reactant treatment technologies is a cost effective solution for waste coolant, cutting fluids, and shop clean-up "Mop Water".
• Ideal for low volumes of varied wastewater
• Remove oils, glycols, greases, heavy metals, and surfactants with ease
• Treated water is good for reuse or discharge
• Conserve consumables with SmartLogic intuitive chemical dosing features
Eliminate the need for expensive off-site disposal of concentrated spent cleaning and process solutions with Kontek wastewater treatment systems.
SYSTEM PRODUCTIVITY BOOSTERS
ROKON Reverse Osmosis Purification
Kontek's RO systems recover up to 90% of your wastewater or recovered process feed water.Read more
ConRec Sludge Dryer
Evaporate up to two-thirds of your disposal costs with the original under-the-press sludge dryerRead more
Automatic Batch Treatment System
Designed to automatically treat large batch volumes with different wastewater constituentsRead more
REKON Ion Exchange System
High Purity Recovery, ReKon recovers 100% of pre-treatment wastewater for reuse as process feed waterRead more