- Purify raw source water to your desired quality for your entire can manufacturing process with RoKon Reverse Osmosis
- Deionized (DI), purified source water for final DI rinsing on even the most demanding specifications with ReKon Ion Exchange
- Guarantee discharge compliance from Kontek wastewater treatment systems with the toughest discharge criteria
- Remove heavy metals, oils & grease, and organic compounds from your process water
- Eliminate expensive disposal costs for concentrated spent cleaning & process solutions
- Ensure that can rinsing stages are free of floating oils & greases
- Minimize water treatment costs with fully integrated systems and Kontek’s SmartLogic automated controls
REMOVAL PROCESS OPTIONS
Whereas mechanical oils will eventually float in water, emulsified oils never settle. Depending on the oil's chemical composition, Kontek applies the most suitable removal process.
Dissolved Air Floatation (DAF)
DAF is an appropriate process when the oil or grease in less dense than water or has neutral buoyancy. Millions of micro-scale bubbles, referred to as "whitewater" float upwards from the bottom of the tank. Little clumps of the oil or grease, commonly called flocks, are pushed to the surface as the micro bubbles rise. The floating contaminants are mechanically skimmed away, leaving oil-free water at the bottom.
Emulsified oils remain suspended in water because they have a filmy barrier that lowers the particles' surface tension. Lowering the solution pH by adding acid breaks the oil's emulsion, allowing unwanted oil and grease particles to float to the surface.
De-emulsified oils are removed mechanically on oleophilic plates that permit flotation separation
BEVERAGE CANNINGKontek is your complete partner for all process water management and chemical delivery systems required for today's canning facilities
Lower water treatment costs and meet the strictest compliance regulations with cradle to grave water technology and systems fitted to your facility’s requirements from Kontek.
Our technologies have been specifically designed to remove heavy metals, oils & grease, and organic compounds from wastewater for reuse in can manufacturing processes or safely released to the environment.