PURIFICATION TECHNOLOGY AND PROCESS LINE SOLUTIONSCONTINUOUS ON LINE CHROME AND CHROMATE BATH PURIFICATION
Developed in cooperation with the proprietary manufacturers of trivalent chrome plating solution, KC Series technology removes heavy metal contaminants from the plating bath, such as unwanted: copper, nickel, zinc, and iron. Using specially selective chelating resin, KC Series systems remove only undesired metals.
This keeps your valuable trivalent chrome chemistry entirely intact for plating, guaranteeing finish colour consistency.
- Prevent plating imperfections and discolouration by removing ramp metals.
- Eliminate costs associated with plating bath impurities such as: rejects and replating, expensive bath maintenance, plating line downtime and replacement chemistry.
- Selectively target only undesired contaminant metals, while keeping your valuable trivalent chrome chemistry wholly intact for plating.
- Continuously purify your bath chemistry.
- Lengthen the lifespan of your bath chemistry.
HOW KC-SERIES SYSTEMS WORK?
Process chemical solution is recirculated from your bath through the unit's filter chamber first to remove harmful suspended solids. The solution then flows through the resin columns where the selective resin removes undesired tramp metals. Once purified, your trivalent chromium solution is returned to the plating bath. The system runs continuously online, which relieves you of expensive bath maintenance or replacement of chemicals in the tank.
Major components parts of the system
- Priming chamber to provide the pump with flooded suction.
- Magnetic-coupled, seal-less pump used for recirculation of process solution through the resin column(s) as well as pumping regeneration chemicals and rinse water supply to the column when regeneration of the resin is required.
- A junction box with on/off pump control is mounted above the pump.Filter housing (with 20 micron filter cartridge) to prevent fouling of the resin screens.
- Dry stop sensor for pump protection.
- Flow meter with needle valve for each column, to accurately control the flow of process solution, regenerant chemical and rinse water through the resin bed in each column.
- One to four resin columns with screens to contain the resin, connected in parallel to the recirculation pump.